About PROJECT EVELOZCITY
If you're intrigued by the dream of working
alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the
EV space, PROJECT EVELOZCITY just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is
irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing
something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into
production? Here at PROJECT EVELOZCITY, every day is vastly different from the one
before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the
world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's
who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special
mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking
for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a
“job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks
within the global EV industry. Are you ready to become an Evelozcitizen? Read
Area of Responsibility
CAE Durability Engineer
CAE Durability engineer will be responsible for the vehicle durability simulations by collaboration with other departments in a fast-paced EV development.
Responsibilities and Goals
CAE techniques with component, system and full vehicle models to assess
performance in Durability, Stiffness and Strength attributes.
mass for vehicle systems including BIW / Closures / Powertrain and Chassis
and maintain the vehicle durability model
process analysis results and make design recommendation to multi-disciplinary
component, sub-systems and vehicle testing to correlate CAE models
with suppliers / test vendors to improve the material database and accuracy of
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 5+ years of CAE durability analysis experience in automotive industry
- Highly skilled in “hands on” CAE model development using HyperMesh / ANSA
- Expert in linear / non-linear FE solvers such as NASTRAN / Optistruct / ABAQUS / LS-Dyna
- Strong understanding on the solid mechanics and materials. Material characterization experience is a plus.
- Practical experience in fatigue calculation tools such as nCode / FeSafe. Random Vibration analysis experience is preferred.
- Structural Optimization experience in Topology / Size / Shape optimization using Optistruct / Genesis
- Experience in durability test planning for vehicle level tests such as 4-poster / RLDA is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to deliver analysis results in a tight schedule within a collaborative team environment
- Experience with Aluminum structures in at least one product development lifecycle is preferred.
- Experience with Battery structures in at least one product development lifecycle is preferred.
attention to detail
What's Cool About Working Here
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
EVelozcity Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.