About PROJECT EVELOZCITY
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, PROJECT EVELOZCITY just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at PROJECT EVELOZCITY, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Are you ready to become an Evelozcitizen? Read on...
Vehicle Dynamics development ensuring the vehicle meets ride, handling and steering targets. A key team member in the Vehicle Dynamics and Chassis group and able to provide expert assessment, understanding and direction of all chassis systems and components including steering, dampers, tires and bushings.
Responsibilities and Goals
· Achieve Full Vehicle Dynamics performance through development of key chassis components using subjective assessment, objective methods and simulation tools
· Ability to understand and set key functional targets and ensure correct components are specified by collaborating with Chassis team on design specifications
· Lead Vehicle Dynamics development and verification plan including prototype usage to ensure most efficient timing and enable supplier support
· Communicate and document results with Chassis and Suppliers at critical dates to support program milestones
To you fulfill the responsibilities of the role you will likely need
· Minimum 5 years in vehicle development in an OEM automotive environment
· Knowledge of full vehicle chassis development with deep understanding of suspension characteristics critical to performance. Able to use data from vehicle and component tests to support decisions.
· Ability to subjectively assess ride, handling and steering performance and select correct component or design changes to achieve targets. Proven ability to assess limit behavior in low and high mu a plus.
· Experience integrating cross functional targets with system suppliers to deliver the best possible performance. Proven experience leading and developing at least one of following components: Dampers, Tires, Steering system (EPAS), ESC/Stability control.
· Understanding of vibration/ride objective methods and best approaches to specifying mount and bushing design to support targets
· A passion for vehicles, a desire to join an enthusiastic experienced team and contribute to the best possible customer experience
· MS in Mech Eng, Automotive Engineering or equivalent
· High attention to detail and proactively seeks and takes responsibility for decisions
· Able to integrate and constructively contribute in a focused team environment
What's Cool About Working Here...
EVelozcity Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate