About PROJECT EVELOZCITY:
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, PROJECT EVELOZCITY just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at PROJECT EVELOZCITY, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Are you ready to become an Evelozcitizen? Read on...
Responsibilities & Goals:
The Software Engineer – Infotainment Platform is responsible for defining an infotainment software platform capable of developing the user experience goals of the organization. This role will need to work with the (internal/external) teams to develop the platform requirements and to deliver the development environment for the application team.
- Define Infotainment Software Architecture – OS, BSP, SDK, Development Environment, Conformance Plan
- Create Software Update strategy for the Infotainment Subsystem
- Work with Hardware Supplier to develop the BSP and SDK
- Manage releases of the platform software for use by the application software teams.
- Lead the software integration activities for the infotainment system – e.g. subsystem & vehicle
- Work closely with the rest of the vehicle team for communication interfaces to vehicle services
- Support validation activities to ensure that vehicle milestones are met.
- Support vehicle launch activities including resolving functional issues, hardware issues.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency in C/C++, Java, Python or another scripting language.
- In-depth understanding of Linux, QNX, or Android – including OS Internals, Tools, Libraries
- Experience creating large-scale distributed embedded systems.
- Ability to collect and understand functional (hardware, software & communication) requirements for infotainment software.
- Solid understanding of Wireless Technologies – Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc…
- Experience with CAN, LIN and Automotive Ethernet communication protocols
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware test or vehicle function failures
- Ability to function independently on a day-to-day basis
- Able to collaborate with other engineers to address requirements and issues.
- Creative mindset – Willingness to try something different
- Self-motivated, independent – Keeps up with latest technologies
- High attention to detail – Ability to notice what others miss
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
EVelozcity Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.