If you're intrigued by the dream of working
alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the
EV space, EVELOZCITY just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is
irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing
something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into
production? Here at EVELOZCITY, every day is vastly different from the one
before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the
world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's
who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special
mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking
for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a
“job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks
within the global EV industry. Are you ready to become an Evelozcitizen? Read
Area of Responsibility
Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer
The Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer will report to the Head of Powertrain.
The Software Engineer is responsible to develop embedded software, including software architecture, detailed design of software modules, implementation of software, and validation of software using unit testing/bench testing.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Develop embedded software/firmware for automotive applications to execute on microcontrollers (MCUs).
- Create software architectures following best practices.
- Implement algorithms in software using C language, MATLAB/Simulink autocode and other appropriate tools.
- Test software using SIL/MIL/HIL type test frameworks.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- Two to five years of experience writing software for safety critical, hard-real-time applications such as automotive, aerospace or other.
- Experience with real time operating systems (RTOS)
- Experience with in circuit debugging, low level programming, interface to peripherals (ADC/SPI/I2C/CAN/LIN/PWM and others)
- Experience with modern version control systems (GIT, etc.)
- Simulink embedded software development with auto-code (C) generation.
- Embedded C experience with 32 bit microcontrollers in the TI, STmicro, Infineon, NXP families.
- AutoSAR software design experience, MCAL + RTE + BSW.
- Automotive or medical device embedded development.
- Requirements software experience (Jama, Polarion, etc.)
- Experience with SPI, CAN, TCP/IP, LIN, or other communication protocols.
- Simulink Stateflow experience.
- Familiarity with standards ISO14229 (UDS), ISO15765 (CAN), ISO26262 (Functional Safety)
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team
- Be able to clearly communicate ideas and information
- Works to support decisions with data
EVELOZCITY is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.