As an Engineer within PROJECT EVELOZCITY’s Interior Team you will be responsible for design from concept to production, release and launch of components, systems and sub-systems for future vehicle programs.
You will be a key player within the team that creates and executes world-class Interior in terms of craftsmanship, form & function.
- Concept Engineering & feasibility
- Packaging & layout within vehicle architecture
- Design Interior Trim system targets for Craftsmanship, function, cost and weight
- Participate in the process with Design/Studio department
- Detail Design including GD&T
- Complete and release component & sub system design, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required
- Work with suppliers to develop component and sub-system to meet all weight, cost, durability, and performance targets and to support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within Evelozcity’s Vehicle Engineering
- Responsible for technical documentation to include DFMEAs, DVP&R’s
- Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience or equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Automotive engineering experience with components in the Interior Trim environment, using CATIA V5/V6
- Experience designing a variety of materials
- Expertise with the latest manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution to achieve systems requirements and world-class craftsmanship/performance targets
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering
- Strong familiarity with the development of specifications, DFMEAs, DVP&R’s and other technical documents
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
EVelozcity Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.