About PROJECT EVELOZCITY:
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, PROJECT EVELOZCITY just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at PROJECT EVELOZCITY, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Are you ready to become an Evelozcitizen? Read on...
Occupant Performance CAE Engineer Role:
As a CAE Occupant Safety engineer, you will use your engineering knowledge and extensive experience to improve Occupant performance using CAE. You will work with some of the industry’s brightest minds in a rapidly evolving industry to perform all aspects of CAE occupant analysis. Through virtual engineering, you will provide significant inputs on occupant restraints design early at concept development phase and up to SOP.
This role will be responsible for performing the occupant safety simulation activities through the virtual and physical development phases, and to sign off and certification. Using analysis, reporting and excellent communication skills to give clear inputs to the safety attribute team to ensure complete vehicle safety targets are met.
- Providing CAE support through build of state of art finite element models to the finest details.
- Drive the vehicle designs with CAE, while balancing all applicable Global Safety Requirements for specific area of responsibility (i.e Frontal impact & Side Impact like FMVSS /ECE /China /EuroNCAP /USNCAP etc.).
- Perform occupant analysis, analyze CAE data to evaluate structural performance, identify issues and propose solutions. Correlate CAE data with physical crash test data.
- Work along with restraint system design team to optimize the occupant protection at system integration level and meet overall vehicle safety requirements.
- Perform advanced CAE simulations to evaluate and enhance full vehicle crashworthiness performance in conjunction with occupant safety.
- Perform post-crash test analysis and correlate CAE relative to occupant performance to test results.
- Provide high level design restraint requirements to vehicle engineering teams for vehicle occupant protection and safety.
- Provide guidance for occupant safety performance.
- Help in evaluating and developing action plan for issues related to occupant safety.
- Support design progression with multi-disciplinary engineering teams based on analyses.
- Develop and support subsystem level & full vehicle crash tests in line with standard protocols and best practices.
- Conduct optimization studies by utilizing optimization CAE tools, including DOE/ DFSS techniques on vehicle interior / restraint designs to meet occupant performance targets with the constraints of mass and cost.
- Produce concise management summaries and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required, Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (preferred).
- Deep knowledge of Finite Element Analysis, Applied Solid Mechanics, Material science and Numerical Methods within an automotive product development environment.
- Expert knowledge on different crash test modes and ATDs and the conflicting requirements among them (homologation tests of US, EU and other markets, NCAP tests, IIHS tests and other consumer information or due care tests), and the balance in the system performance optimization process.
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrated successful experience with at least two automotive product lines.
- In-depth knowledge about CAE tools (ANSA, Hyper Works, LS-Dyna, Primer), their applications and limitations. Knowledge of MADYMO tool preferred.
- In-depth knowledge about passive restraint systems (airbags, seat belts, etc.) and their design parameters with respect to occupant protection.
- Knowledge of optimization tools and techniques (Not required but preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others on problems that are unusual or difficult
- Strong preference (but not required) for experience in 3D CAD modeling - CATIA v5 and v6.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver analysis on difficult projects with tight timing constraints.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
EVELOZCITY Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.