About PROJECT EVELOZCITY
If you're intrigued by the dream of working
alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the
EV space, PROJECT EVELOZCITY just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is
irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing
something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into
production? Here at PROJECT EVELOZCITY, every day is vastly different from the one
before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the
world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's
who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special
mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking
for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a
“job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks
within the global EV industry. Are you ready to become an Evelozcitizen? Read
Infotainment Systems Engineer defines the overall in-vehicle experience with their knowledge in-vehicle systems, communication protocols, software/hardware interfaces, and user expectations. The Infotainment Systems Engineer is responsible for delivering the Infotainment specifications for our production vehicles and ensuring a seamless integration of the infotainment components into the vehicle.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Propose, develop and justify new functions (hardware, software, HMI, etc.) to meet market requirements / demands.
- Develop, write and issue specifications for infotainment system components.
- Create and manage the part development schedule with consideration to all parties (supplier, designers, overall vehicle development, etc.)
- Perform all necessary vehicle testing (hardware and functional) to guarantee product acceptance for mass production
- Analyzes/interprets test results, predicting performance/failure and providing required product/design data, communicating test results clearly in written reports/formal presentations and making general recommendations based on analysis of testing results.
- Write all necessary reports, presentations or technical documents to explain and/or make a record of the development activities
- Support factory, sales, etc. as required for product explanations, owner's manual reviews, manufacturing issues or market complaints
- Lead the system integration activities for the vehicle.
- Work closely with vehicle team for location and packaging of Infotainment components
- Support validation activities to ensure that vehicle milestones are met.
- Support vehicle launch activities including resolving communication loss or other issues.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- 2 years of testing/development experience in automotive infotainment (IVI) system development.
- Experience with a Requirements Management tool such as Polarion, Doors
- Experience in project management (setting & managing schedules, meeting deadlines, directing other groups to achieve development goals, etc.)
- Ability to collect and understand functional (hardware, software & communication) requirements for infotainment system components.
- Experience with CAN, LIN and Automotive Ethernet communication protocols
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware test or vehicle function failures
- Ability to function independently on a day-to-day basis
- Able to collaborate with other engineers to address requirements and issues.
- Creative mindset – Willingness to try something different
- Self-motivated, independent – Keeps up with latest technologies
- High attention to detail
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
EVelozcity Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.