About PROJECT EVELOZCITY
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, PROJECT EVELOZCITY just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at PROJECT EVELOZCITY, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Are you ready to become an Evelozcitizen? Read on...
We’re looking for a strong, hands-on In Charge of FP&A to join a rapidly growing Electric Vehicle Company. This individual should possess 10 - 15 years of progressive finance and accounting experience, of which 8-10 years have been at management level, preferably in an entrepreneurial, rapid-growing, multi-national company. Bachelor's degree in business related field, MBA, CFA or advanced designation preferred.
The individual must be a strong leader, able to hire, mentor and develop staff, in addition to being hands-on in all general FP&A activities. This is an onsite role in Torrance reporting to the CFO.
Responsibilities & Goals:
- Responsible for the preparation and development of the annual operating budget, including FTE, revenue, expenses, capital and cash budgets.
- Responsible for three-year plan and 10-year model.
- Establish and communicate guidelines and planning & reporting calendars for monthly performance reporting, forecast and the annual budget process
- Prepare monthly budget to actual and budget to forecast analysis and financial review
- Establish and run monthly finance review meetings with business teams.
- Collaborate with business teams to articulate and communicate performance variances to plan and forecast
- Responsible for quarterly re-forecast
- Enhance management reporting tools and analysis that provide insights on the performance of the business
- Build and maintain strong, cross-functional relationships with senior leadership and operational managers across the organization
- Provide financial modeling and analysis support on ad-hoc strategic projects as required by the business.
- Develop key performance indicators to measure monthly results
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize assignments in order to meet deadlines.
- Be a liaison between the FP&A Department, Finance and other cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with investor relations and business development teams
Required Experience (Quantitative):
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Finance and Accounting, with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership roles
- Bachelor's degree in business related field, MBA, CFA or advanced designation preferred.
- Proficient in the use of planning and ERP systems
- Strong Excel skills
Preferred Experience (Qualitative):
- Track record of success in building and leading strong FP&A teams.
- Public company experience desired
- Automotive experience desired
- Strong manufacturing experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to effectively translate financial data into insightful and actionable operational information
- Must be very detail oriented, self-motivated and work well with all levels of management.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of GAAP. Understanding of financial statement (P&L, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows)
- Strong PowerPoint skills; ability to build executive narratives
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
EVelozcity Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.