If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, EVELOZCITY just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at EVELOZCITY, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Are you ready to become an Evelozcitizen? Read on...
The person In Charge of Systems Engineering – Battery will design, develop, analyze and validate a multi-disciplinary energy storage system for an electric vehicle, ensuring that a smooth, quiet, safe, efficient and powerful product is more than the sum of its parts. The candidate will develop requirements for systems and components, analyze possible system architectures, ensure functional safety and failure modes are mitigated, and that the interactions between the electrical, mechanical, thermal and software domains are well managed.
Responsibilities and Goals
· Develop system architectures for energy storage system to meet safety, performance, NVH, efficiency and cost targets.
· Perform safety-oriented analyses such as DFMEA and HARA
· Create system and component requirements to ensure a high-quality product is developed.
· Design and develop system-wide behaviors, sequence diagrams, data/signal flows.
· Create system-level test and evaluation plans across all domains.
· Bachelors, Master’s or Ph.D. in electrical or mechanical engineering.
· Experience realizing complex, multi-disciplinary projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience working with lithium-ion battery cells in large-format, high voltage applications.
· Experience with functional safety standards such as ISO 26262
· History of working with DFMEAs, DVP&Rs and other system analysis and development tools.
· Experience with requirements analysis and development using a requirements management framework such as DOORS, Polarion, etc.
· Capable of creating models, simulations, and analysis tools to solve engineering problems using MATLAB, Mathcad or similar engineering framework.
· Solid understanding of physical phenomena such as electromechanical energy conversion, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, electromagnetism, as well as an understanding of how embedded software controls these type of systems.
· Strong work ethic and a commitment to engineering excellence and data driven decision making.
· Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas.
· Hands-on interest in developing a real world product from concept to production stages.
EVelozcity Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.