About PROJECT EVELOZCITY
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, PROJECT EVELOZCITY just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at PROJECT EVELOZCITY, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Are you ready to become an Evelozcitizen? Read on...
PROJECT EVELOZCITY is seeking an Additive Manufacturing Engineer to join our Team at our Torrance, CA location. This is a manufacturing engineering position with a focus on manufacturing complex automotive concepts and prototypes. Work is performed with general direction. The position exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches on assignments. The ideal candidate should be capable of problem solving to achieve root cause and corrective actions internally and at local AM suppliers.
- Leads the operation of the Additive Manufacturing (AM) equipment.
- Schedules workflow through the department
- Ensures consumables stock levels are maintained
- Develops and maintains preventative maintenance schedules for equipment
- Develops and documents the design rules, operational procedures, process optimization approaches, and quality assurance processes to standardize Additive Manufacturing.
- Provides application engineering to business unit customers ranging from assessing the viability of product concepts for AM to optimizing the concepts to exploit the full potential of AM.
- Leads the training of AM concepts and applications.
- Provides support to Program Management group with scheduling and risk assessments.
- Actively pursues the latest state-of-the-art changes in AM.
- Other tasks may be assigned
Education and/or Experience
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience.
- CATIA V6, Siemens NX, or Solidworks CAD modeling and drafting experience is required.
- Previous machine shop experience is desirable.
- Previous experience in an Automotive Styling Studio a huge plus.
- Must be self-guided and a thinker, and work well in a high paced Team environment with aggressive project deadlines.
- Will make presentations of concepts and designs to Leaders and other Teams using PowerPoint, Excel, and other common Microsoft or presentation software tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (or a High School Diploma / GED
Other Skills and Abilities
- Computer literacy – Proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel, to create standard work instructions, and process sheets
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to read blueprints and understand geometric tolerances
- Ability to interface with all departments
- Ability to coordinate group activities within engineering, estimating, tooling and manufacturing groups
- Ability to create and discuss detailed presentations of cost proposal materials
- Ability to locate required information when not readily available
- Good communication skills
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
EVelozcity Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.